Frequently Asked Questions

Our Frequently Asked questions provides useful information about CSCS Cards, Gas Safe Register ACS registration, accreditation certificates and qualification but also most commonly asked questions, expertly answered by CDC Group. Check below the most frequently asked questions about training we provide, card schemes, progression routes and so much more

What is IPAF and how do I apply for an IPAF PAL Card Licence?

IPAF – International Powered Access Federation is a worldwide, non-profit awarding organisation that promotes the safe and effective use of powered access equipment.

Their Licence(s) are called PAL Cards. You can usually achieve your certificate and PAL Card after completing an IPAF Approved Training Course for MEWP’s. MEWP stands for Mobile Elevating Work Platform.

What is PASMA and how do I apply for a PASMA Card?

PASMA – Prefabricated Access Suppliers’ and Manufacturers’ Association is an international, non-profit association for the mobile access tower industry.

Their Cards are called PASMA Cards. You can usually achieve your certificate and PASMA Card after completing a PASMA Approved Training Course.

What is CSCS and how do I apply for a CSCS Card?

CSCS – Construction Skills Certification Scheme is an independent organisation formed by stakeholders from the construction industry.

Their Cards are called CSCS Cards. CSCS Cards provide proof that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications in place for the job they do on site. However, holing a CSCS Card is not a legislative requirement.

How can I achieve my first CSCS Card?

All CSCS Cards bear an CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) Test element requirement, alongside a mandatory NVQ (National Vocational Qualification) or equivalent qualification.

What is an NVQ?

NVQ – National Vocational Qualifications are work-based programmes which are being achieved by assessing competence in the workplace. Most NVQs usually lead to a CSCS Card or other associated card schemes.

What does ACS stands for in Gas Training?

ACS – Accredited Certification Scheme is the industry recognised and accepted route for experienced gas operatives to gain the certificate of competence needed to apply for the Gas Safe Register Licence. The scheme is overseen by the United Kingdom Accreditation Services (UKAS).

Do you offer any fully funded training courses?

Unfortunately, not. But most of our approved training courses are eligible for funding via CITB Grants for levy-registered Employers.

I failed my course or couldn’t attend. Are there any refunds?

All our training bookings are strictly non-refundable, and unfortunately, we cannot exchange places with third parties or use any paid registrations for future bookings.

I have a CITB SMSTS or SSSTS Certificate. Can I apply for a CSCS Card?

No. You can’t apply for a CSCS Card based on your CITB Site Safety Plus Certification (SMSTS/SSSTS Courses) but can use your online CITB Health & Safety Awareness Course for Green Labourers’ CSCS Card.

Do you have finance arrangements for monthly payments?

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer finance for our training courses at this time.

What is MCIOB and/or FCIOB?

CIOB – Chartered Institute of Building. MCIOB refers to Chartered Member of the Institute, where FCIOB is Fellow of the CIOB. Check out our NVQ Level 7 Diploma in Construction Senior Management for more information.

What online courses do you offer?

IPAF eLearning – eLearning Theory Training from your home (pre-requisite for Practical)

CITB eLearning – Health & Safety Awareness (eHSA) – eLearning from your home

CITB SSSTS Training Course – Video Conference Remote Training on Microsoft Teams/Zoom

CITB SMSTS Training Course – Video Conference Remote Training on Microsoft Teams/Zoom

Mental Health First Aid – Video Conference Remote Training on Microsoft Teams/Zoom

18th Edition for Electricians – Video Conference Remote Training on Microsoft Teams/Zoom

I need to book my CSCS Test. What’s your availability?

You can conveniently book your CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) Test, also known as CSCS Touchscreen Test with CDC Group directly by clicking here.


We’re accredited and working closely with the most reputable Awarding Organisations in the United Kingdom